What is a Content Management System?
A Content Managemet System (CMS) allows website administrators to collaboratively create, store, edit, review, index, search, publish and archive various kinds of digital media and electronic text. In practice this means a collection of users can work together to create rich documents and have the CMS manage all aspects of the life of the document.
Voice Provides a CMS
All websites created in Voice have a powerful and easy to use web based content management system available to them. The CMS can be used to create free-form web pages and content throughout your site. It is designed to be used by someone with no HTML or web development knowledge and acts similarly to a word processor while editing content.
This is the main method you have for making your site interesting, personalising it, and making it useful to your visitors.
Voice's Content Management Features
The CMS in Voice incorporates:
- A fully functional WYSIWIG editor for editing your web pages
- An asset library to store the media (e.g. images etc) used to enrich your content
- Multiple layouts to help create the right look for every page
- A permission system to restrict access to sections of content
- An advanced publishing system maintaining a history of each published revision
See below for help on a range of subjects relating to the Content Management System. You can also try the Getting Started helpsheet which covers the basics of editing your homepage.