Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.
At its simplest level, geocaching requires these 8 steps: Google Geocaching.com - the official Global GPS Cache Hunt site.
- Register for a free Basic Membership.
- Visit the "Hide & Seek a Cache" page.
- Enter your postal code and click "search."
- Choose any geocache from the list and click on its name.
- Enter the coordinates of the geocache into your GPS Device.
- Use your GPS device to assist you in finding the hidden geocache.
- Sign the logbook and return the geocache to its original location.
- Share your geocaching stories and photos online.
There are 5 Geocaches in the Park and lots in the close vacinity. Geocaching is a great way of finding new friends and keeping healthy. You can Geocache in all types of weather. Just remember to return the cache to where it was found so that others can enjoy this fast growing sport.
currently only 1 cache is operable but another is going in within the next couple of weeks.