AN INDEPENDENT PRIVATE WEBSITE FOR PUBLIC USE.
No connection with the Elstead Parish Council or the Elstead Village Magazine.
This site is dedicated to collecting, analysing and distributing information about our village. We try to keep up with current news items that are likely to affect us in Elstead and carry out investigations into their background. This often involves searching the Internet for relevant information and communicating with people and organisations that can throw light on matters that concern us. Important News items are posted on the website notice board from time to time, with key headlines on the Home page.
Current and past campaigns and items of interest have included:
- Community Speed Watch 2023. Previous operations 2010 and 2015. (Successful)
- Wildfire and other emergencies (ongoing).
- Bonfire Hill housing proposals 2018 (Denied)
- The new Waverley Local Plan and the Elstead & Weyburn Neighbourhood Plan (Ongoing)
- The Parish Council Emergency Plan
- Surrey Wildlife Trust plans for cattle & fencing on the local Commons (2012) (Defeated).
- Parking in Springfield & round The Green (2013 - 16) (New parking bays outside the Surgery).
- The floods and power cuts in (2013/2014)
- Rights of Way and public access on Hankley Common (2012-2014) (Public access improved).
- The MOD intention to close the Hankley Common car park (2012 - 2014) (Conditional access permitted).
- The proposal for changes to Air Traffic Control zones around Farnborough Airport, which could have affected noise levels around Elstead. (2012 - 2014) (Changes modified).
Information on these has been collated and stored on the ELSTEAD ONLINE website and is available for anybody to see. Some investigations have involved online surveys and polls and a petition about the Hankley Common car park closure raised nearly 600 responses from all over the country.
Other information on the website includes:
- Links to Government and Local Council websites.
- Contact information about local authorities and Elstead organisations
- Links to local club websites
- Articles about Elstead and the area, trawled from the Internet.
- Links to local Church and Food Bank websites.
- Links to sites showing houses for sale and rent in Elstead
- A Photo Gallery where Group Members can set up a photo/video album
- A link to Google Maps with Street Map & live traffic display
- Links to Elstead Facebook pages.
We would like to build up historical archives with old photographs supplied by residents. Old articles and copies of the Elstead Village news from the past ten years have been transferred from an earlier Elstead website. Some Church history and parish records are also be available.
All the facilities on the ELSTEAD ONLINE website are supplied free of charge by e-voice.org. This is a non-commercial private website.