Before making a decision to hire
Please read both our Booking Form & Hire Agreement and the Standard Terms & Conditions of Hire which forms an integral part of the Booking and Hire Agreement. Please also read our important Safety Information for Hirers information sheet. For details of hire fees there is a further Hire Fees information sheet available for your use.
You can check the availability of the Duntisbourne Abbots Village Hall (DAVH) and/or its equipment by contacting the Bookings Secretary. For more specific information about the Hall, its facilities and equipment please contact either the Booking Secretary or any member of the Management Committee.
To book the Duntisbourne Abbots Village Hall
1. Negotiate a date, time, facilities required and fee with the Booking Secretary – the latest contact details for the Booking Secretary are published in the Parish Connections Magazine and a contact number is posted on the Village Hall Notice Board. The purpose of hire must be declared in full at this point. If the Booking Secretary is unavailable then please contact another member of the Management Committee.
2. Once agreed with the Booking Secretary your booking will be provisionally entered in the Village Hall diary.
3. Obtain a copy of the Booking Form & Hire Agreement – hard copies are available in the box located in the Village Hall porch whilst electronic copies can be downloaded from this website. It should be noted that the Booking Form and Hire Agreement cannot be completed manually and must be complete and submitted in manuscript.
4. You should also read the DAVH Standard Terms & Conditions of Hire and the Safety Information for Hirers information Sheet - acceptance of both is a condition of hire. Both documents are displayed on the DAVH Notice Board (Front Porch) and are again available to access and download from this website.
5. Complete and sign the Booking Form & Hire Agreement and place it, together with a cheque in respect of full payment of the booking fee (made payable to the ‘Duntisbourne Abbots Village Hall’), in the Post Box located in the Village Hall Porch. Non-Resident Hirers are further required to provide a £250 refundable deposit – this is also payable in full at the time of booking. Local Residents and Regular Users may also (exceptionally) be required to pay a deposit – if requested, this too is to be paid in full at the time of booking.
6. Please note that you must return the signed Booking Form & Hire Agreement together with full payment (plus any deposit due) within 7 days of your booking being provisionally accepted otherwise your reservation will become null and void by default and without further reference.
7. On receipt of your signed Booking Form & Hire Agreement and full payment your booking will be confirmed.
Notes about bookings
Please note that you must speak to the Booking Secretary before a provisional booking can be accepted and your booking is not confirmed until you return a signed Booking Form & Hire Agreement together with full payment of the booking fee and any deposit required/requested. In respect of ‘Non-Resident’ it should be noted the booking deposit will be banked and any returnable deposit will be refunded within 21 days after your event.
For certain types of events the DAVH Management Committee reserves the right to impose additional event management restrictions and criteria.
Please note that hirers are expected to leave the DAVH and equipment in the condition they found them. Please also ensure you leave enough time and manpower at the beginning of your period of hire to arrange the Hall as you want it and also to clean and put the furniture away afterwards and return the Hall to the condition in which you found it.
Finally, please note that Emergency Services and members of the DAVH Management Committee have the right to enter the Village Hall without hindrance at ALL times.