Posted by Durham Rug Makers on

Hi from Durham Rug Makers

I've received a message about a 2nd site but have no idea what it means. No one has spoken to me about this and I haven't authorised anyone else to use this site. I am the only administrator. I'm not even sure if someone is trying to hack into the site. I would welcome some help and advice. Thanks for the service you have provided over the years. It has saved me a lot of work and headaches!!

Ken

2: Re: 2nd site (response to 1)
Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi Ken,

I assume the message about 2nd Site that you mention was a notification of a new message on this forum? It's perfectly safe and nobody has hacked your site!

You can control forum notifications by logging into Voice and going to Your Account, then Email Preferences.

Thanks

Joe

3: Re: 2nd site (response to 1)
Posted by Durham Rug Makers on

Hi Joe.

Thanks for the reassuring message!!     

I must apologise unreservedly for the confusion. I had not realised that there were other groups using Bowburn Community Centre who were members of the e-voice community. Unfortunately, the member of our group who set up our website has sadly passed away and I have taken over the responsibility for maintaining the website. There are a lot of things I am not familiar with. It took me two days and many failed attempts before I managed to send the message to the forum!!

We have had problems in the past with interference in our email account and I am rather nervous if I see a message I don’t understand. I hope this helps to clarify the situation and clear up the misunderstanding.

Best wishes

Ken

4: Re: 2nd site (response to 3)
Posted by Joe Oldak on

No problem Ken,

I suggest you have a look at the Getting Started guide in the Voice Documentation.

Also we have regular Zoom calls with site admins where I can demo features of the system and answer any questions you have. See the Voice Users site for more information. The next meeting is this Thursday (2nd November) at 10am.

Thanks

Joe