Good morning,

Our website developed with eVoice shows a Log in button containing a link to register with the CMS. It is confusing and misleading for our visitors, as they think it is a link to register with our organization. 

How can we remove that button/link or move it to the footer of the page?

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Cristina

As standard, Voice sites allow other people to join your site - the idea being that you might have a site with forums, photo albums, file storage, etc that you want your members to be able to add things to.

You can change this in the admin panel for your site in the Users & Permissions -> Membership Policy setting.

If you set your site to be Private (invitation only) then there will be no Join this site option shown to visitors.

There's no option to completely hide the Log in button - mainly because then you as admins of the site would find it difficult to be able to log in! However this could be hidden with a little bit of custom CSS (I can show you how to do this), or we could add an option into the site/theme settings to hide the login button completely - though then you'd have to remember how to get to the login page without it!

Thanks

Joe

Hi Cristina & Joe,

I have a similar issue.  I have somewhere in the region of 90 registered members.  Very occasionally someone forgets their password to log in.  Instead of using the Forgotten password link, for some unknown reason they see a link called "Register now for your login to Voice Online Communities »" and go for that option.  Following this link allows a registered user to register for the public area of the website (despite being registered in the private area), but doesn't restore their password.  I then get a new message asking me to approve the registration request, that I always reject as there doesn't seem to be any point.  I then ask them to follow the link to reset their password.  But having rejected this application (for the public area) affects their registration in the private area of the website and if they have opted into receiving email notifications it opts them out.  So not only do I need to get them through the resetting up of their password, I then have to take them through the process of re-opting in to receive email notifications.

I don't know whether this is a system bug.  I have reported the issue before.  However, what purpose does this link (Register now for your login to Voice Online Communities ») serve?  If it has limited purposes, can it be removed or hidden?  It would certainly make my life a lot easier.

Kind regards

Alan