Posted by Voice Admin on

I've been working on a fresh new theme, appropriately called Fresh, which you can now see in action on the main Voice site, and on the Voice demo site.

The main features of theme are:

• A clean and simple uncluttered layout.
  • Larger more readable text, for improved accessibility.
  • Two levels of navbar in contrasting colours.
  • Breadcrumb trail only appears when it's needed.
  • Pick your own primary colour and fonts, or pick from a range of predefined colour schemes.
  • Login/join buttons always go top right, search box appears from off-screen if you click the Search button (search isn't enabled on the main Voice site in case you're looking now, but you can see it on the demo site!)
  • Not gone overboard with display options, trying to keep it simple but effective!

I have made it available to all sites, though before announcing it to all administrators I'd like to invite you super-keen forum reading people to try it out, if you'd like to, and provide feedback.

What do you like about it? What could be improved?

If you have suggestions or spot problems with the theme then please let me know and I'll address them.

Thanks, and have fun!

Joe - Voice Admin

2: Re: Fresh new theme (response to 1)
Posted by Alan-Parry (Euphonix Admin). on

Hi Joe,

Yes, the Fresh theme looks interesting and I like some of the functions that are being proposed.

Is it possible to using an existing website as a "sand-pit" so that we can try out the new theme(s) without compromising existing experiences for our users.  The sand-pits would be mirror images of the originals, but to be run off line and to be made available only to any interested administrator that wants to try them out (perhaps time limited)?  A lot of us report to local community/charity committees and need approval to move from one theme to another, perhaps by being able to demo what the changes would look like might allow some of us to move from the Modern theme to either the Fresh or Bootstrap without compromising existing data.

3: Re: Fresh new theme (response to 2)
Posted by Voice Admin on

I can make a test site available on request to anyone wanting one. These run on our test server which is independent of the live site. It will contain a copy of your live site, though not necessarily up to date with the latest content.

I'll contact you independently Alan, about how to find the test site.

If anyone else wants access to a test site then the best thing to do would be to drop an email to admin@e-voice.org.uk and I can give you the details.

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

4: Re: Fresh new theme (response to 1)
Posted by Houghti on

Hi Joe, many thanks for introducing the new Fresh theme and associated colour schemes which look really great.

I've been experimenting with the new theme as we've had our site for several years now and I thought it was time for a refresh.  I've settled on a new colour scheme ('Lumen'), which produces a simple and clean webpage, but I'd really like to make one minor change - to swap the blue colour used in the headings to one that compliments the club's colour scheme.

I've tried to do this by downloading the Lumen .css file to my PC, then in Website Admin > Theme Options) I've gone to the custom bootstrap CSS section and clicked the Bootstrap 3 link.  However this takes me to a page that's looking for a .json file rather than a .css, which has confused me.

Am I on the right track with this, and is this something you can help with?

Many thanks, Iain