2: Re: Domain name redirect (response to 1)
Posted by Voice Admin on

The problem is that you have set your domain to redirect to the e-voice IP address - but what you want to do is to have an A record in the DNS for your domain with the e-voice IP address in it.

Currently when a browser does a lookup of your domain it is being told to to go to a site managed by your registrar, which then issues a redirect to the voice site.

What you want is that when the browser looks up your domain it is told to go directly to the voice site.

There are some instructions here for how to set up the DNS entry.

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

3: Re: Domain name redirect (response to 2)
Posted by PhilJ on

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I have followed those instructions but am obviously missing something, When i go to my doman provider (IONOS) it seems i do have an A record. Perhaps it is just taking some time to propogate?

Phil

4: Re: Domain name redirect (response to 3)
Posted by Nick_H on

Phil,

DNS records can take 24hrs to update, usually done within an hour or so.

Nick

5: Re: Domain name redirect (response to 3)
Posted by Voice Admin on

Currently when I do a DNS lookup for your domain I see an A record for 217.160.0.87.

If you have recently changed this to 83.136.248.56 then we just need to wait a few hours for this change to reach different DNS servers.

However, it could be that you need to turn off a redirection setting somewhere else in your control panel to remove the web redirect, which could be overriding your custom DNS settings.

There may be more info available from IONOS on this - unfortunately I'm not an expert on their control panel!

Thanks

Joe

6: Re: Domain name redirect (response to 5)
Posted by PhilJ on

Hi Joe,

Ahh yes  i have now fixed that and its working!

Many thanks

for your help