2: Re: Hosting update tonight (response to 1)
Posted by Voice Admin on

Good news: the site transfer seems to have been a success. No problems encountered on the way.

It seems to be running well, with improved speed!

The new IP address for sites with custom domains is 83.136.248.56 and there are some instructions for how to change things here. We will be in touch with all site admins who have a custom domain with further instructions in due course.

Both the old and the new IP address will continue to work until the end of June, when the old one will stop.

Thanks all

Joe - Voice Admin

3: Re: Hosting update tonight (response to 2)
Posted by Alan-Parry (Euphonix Admin). on

Hi Joe,

I have updated the new IP address on IONOS and I now find that I am not getting emails generated by the system.  We've had email problems with the old IP address (that did not affect me), but now I'm not receiving emails.  A notice was published earlier this evening by the Chair of my organisation, which hasn't been received and I sent myself a test message through the system that also hasn't been received.

Is this a bug?  Can I have an urgent response as I rely on the system's email system to communicate with over 90 members.

Alan Parry

4: Re: Hosting update (response to 2)
Posted by BrianW on

Our Walnut Club site is registered through 123.reg. I have logged in there and think I may have found the IP address I need to change to 83.136.248.56 but I need to know what the current address is to confirm that is the one I need to change before I start messing around with it.

5: Re: Hosting update (response to 4)
Posted by Alan-Parry (Euphonix Admin). on

Hi Brian

You probably need to look for something like 46.20.114.???   If you look in Manage Website>Website settings>Site Domain the current IP address you are using should be visible; it was for me this morning.

I manage my account through IONOS and it was relatively easy.  I just looked for the IP address number (shown in Site Domain) and edited it with the new IP address.  It took a couple of hours for the Voice system to update itself.

8: Re: Hosting update (response to 5)
Posted by BrianW on

Hi Alan,

Thanks. I did work out that it was 46.20.114.134 that I needed to update so have done so.

Fingers crossed it's now OK for the switch.