Posted by WCS on

We have an existing website/Domain name - with the current IPS TAG of 123-REG. You have approved our request for an eVoice website and we are currently happy with it and now want to implement it. One of our members has contacted 123-REG and asked what they need to allow us to implement our new site. They have asked us to let them know what your IPS TAG is, so could you please let me know ?

In order to implement our new website under the existing Domain name is that all under the control of 123-REG or do we have to do something from our end too? for example do I need to add in the box in section ADD DOMAIN NAME under EXTERNAL DOMAIN OPTIONS under WEBSITE SETTINGS ?

Thank you in advance.

Peter Craggs (Whitby Civic Society)

Posted by Voice Admin on

You don't want to change the IPS Tag - we don't host the domain itself, just the website.

You would need the IPS Tag to move the domain from 123-Reg to another registrar.

Instead, just go to the DNS settings for your site within the 123-Reg control panel, and set up an A record for pointing to the e-voice server at

There are some instructions for domain names in the documentation, including some 123-reg specific bits.


Joe - Voice Admin

Posted by Deleted User on

Joe, we would like to migrate from old web site and make a new one but cant get admin access to our web site any more due to staff changes. How do we get the Chair of Council to be an administrator without having such access?

OR we are happy to keep current web site so long as we can decide who is admin and who is not.

Thanks, Barry

Posted by Voice Admin on

I can add you as an admin of the existing site, and then you can manage who does/doesn't have admin access. A site can have as many or as few administrators as you like.

Probably best if you send me an email at confirming which account you would like to be the admin, and for which site. (rather than adding the details here on the forum!)