Posted by apywell on

Hi

I was excited to read about your new Themes available on Voice.  I have changed to the Modern Theme and looks very neat and tidy.  However when I try to access it on the iPhone 5 the pages freezes.  So I don't think the 'responsive layout' is quite there yet.  

So I'll switch back to the old version for now.

Thanks

Alan

2: Re: New ModernTheme (response to 1)
Posted by Huddy on

I really like the new layout that ajusts to suit all platforms. In fact spent most of last evening re doing my site and adding more content. I think as I get into it I will be using a lot of the new features. i have tried it on lap top iPad and iPad mini also android phone and it does what I says on the box, will get my hands on iPhone 4 and 5 later and see if I have the same problems as apywell.

3: Re: New ModernTheme (response to 1)
Posted by Voice Admin on

We've not experienced any problems with iPhones - can you be more specific about the problems you've encountered? Does it depend on what is on the page? e.g., maybe the slider causes a problem for you but other things do not?

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

4: Re: New ModernTheme (response to 1)
Posted by Zainab Sati on

I tried to add the new themes but I couldn’t.

Please could you advice me how to setup the Modern Theme and Slider Includelet.

Thanks

5: Re: New ModernTheme (response to 4)
Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi Clare,

I'd be happy to help you get set up. However, at the moment I'm not clear on what problem you're experiencing. 

The instructions you've linked do provide details of how to use the new theme and slider and I'd expect that's the information you need. 

So could you let me know the process you've been through so far and what's happened that means you couldn't achieve what you wanted.

Thanks,

Rob Denison.

6: Re: New ModernTheme (response to 5)
Posted by Deleted User on

I quite like the Modern Theme, especially when viewing the site on a smart phone. However I was alarmed to find that on validating one of my pages with W3C upwards of 50 errors were found!

Most, but not all, of these were down to my use of tables with attributes that are now deprecated.  ( A custom CSS file is called for here!)

However, not down to me, there is a duplication of  'id = search' on all pages and an error in the events includelet on the home page - this inserts a paragraph inside a paragraph.

7: Re: New ModernTheme (response to 6)
Posted by Voice Admin on

Thanks for the report, Len. I'll look into the validation results and put up some fixes in the near future.

Cheers

Joe - Voice Admin