Posted by Voice Admin on

That seemed to work fine as far as I could tell. I clicked the link on the email and am now a member of your members only area (as you'll see from the member list).

If possible therefore, could you forward me one of the emails that were sent out that didn't correctly work? If you can get hold of one that is! Forward it to admin@e-voice.org.uk

Is there any chance that the users in question were accidentally invited to the main site and not the members only area? (i.e., perhaps the system was doing what it was asked??)

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

Posted by josi51 on

I was about to post a similar issue when I found this thread. 

I have a private members area which I invited a small group to join.  For most the email worked and they are added to the list of users of this area.  I have however, one user who has joined (the most recent member) and now has access to the private area but is only shown in the list of users for the main area.  I am 100% sure the email went out from the private members area (she wouldn't now have access to it if this wasn't the case).

It does appear to be a bug that has appeared in the past couple of months.

Jo

Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the information. Could you tell me the name of the community this happened with and the person who was shown incorrectly in the main list of users? Please don't provide any personal information but a surname should be enough to find them. 

From there I'll take a look and figure out what happened and provide more feedback.

Cheers,

Rob Denison.

Cambridge Open Systems' support team

Posted by josi51 on

Hi Rob,

The main site is Ellerton & Aughton Village Website.  The private area is Village Hall Committee and the user is Carrington.

Thanks

Jo

Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the information. We won't be able to resolve this immediately but we will take a look as soon as we can to let you know why this happened. 

I will be in touch with you again when we have more information.

Rob Denison.

Posted by Pammc on

hello I am afraid SCC website also has the same issue again, It has been okay until Sunday 17 November when a member has been enrolled into the main site, not the members only area.   Can please let me know when this has been resolved and I will ask him to try again?

thanks

Posted by Deleted User on

Hi Pammc and Josi51,

We are still having difficulty reproducing these issues. Would it be possible for you to forward the invite emails that were received by the users you invited to:

support@cambridgeopensystems.com

to help us to discover the cause of the problem.

Posted by Pammc on

Hi

I have sent you an invitation email as requested

thanks

Posted by josi51 on

I have sent you an email this morning however I noticed that the missing user has mysteriously appeared in the list of users today!  The invite to users for the private area has also changed - it used to just send an email that you couldn't see from the private area but now has a box for the user name and a box for a customised message.

Jo

Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi josi,

We have made a few changes that we think may well address this issue. Please let us know if you have any more problems with inviting users in the future.

Regards,

Rob Denison.

Posted by Pammc on

Hello.  SCC website is having problems again with the  members only area in which its members are invited to join.

I recently invited 5 people , but 2 respondants have been enrolled into the main site, not the member only area. Is there any way of transferring them? Can you help please?

Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi Pammc,

I'm sorry that you're still having trouble. To help us better understand the problem. Can you tell us what process you used to to invite the users:

1. The URL you were on when you invited them
  2. The link you pressed to invite them
  3. Any other relevant information on what you did

and can you also ask the people who you invited if they could send you a copy of their invite email and what process they did if they can remember to become members.

Thanks,

Rob Denison.