Posted by Joe Oldak on

You can tweak it in css, but you probably won't find you like it as it won't go all the way left to the logo (since there's a chunk of space allocated to the logo itself). Something like this in the Raw Header HTML:

<style>
h1.community-name {
  text-align: left !important;
}
</style>

I made it 'important' so it doesn't get overruled by other styles.

As you'll see, it's not really very left, and on a mobile size screen it doesn't look good either! It's aligned right for a reason! :-)

You might be better off combining the site name with the logo into a single image, then turning off Display Website Name and turning on Wide Logo. That way the image/text will always be appropriately aligned with each other.

Thanks

Joe

Posted by Johnw.hcbc on

I am using the Fresh theme and would prefer the website name to be centred instead of right justified. Is there a fix for this please?

John, Highwoods Carpet Bowls Club

Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi John, sorry for the slow reply on this.

You'll find that the name is already centred on a smaller screen (below the logo) though on a wider screen when the text is next to the logo it does indeed go to the right.

There's no great way to make it properly centre in the remaining space, because there's a chunk of space allocated to the logo even if the logo is small, so there'll always be a bit of space next to it, which the site name can never go into it, even if you set it to the left.

Anyway, you can experiment with the positioning for larger screens by adding the following bit of custom CSS to the Raw Header HTML:

<style>
@media (min-width: 768px) {
  h1.community-name {
    text-align: centre !important;
  }
}
</style>

You can also try setting 'centre' to 'left' to see if this is better.

I could try adding a small/medium/large option for the logo size, which could then make better use of the remaining space, if this would be popular with other people too?

Thanks

Joe

Posted by johnt on

Hi Joe

I tried the bit of custom CSS but it made no difference, even when I changed it from 'centre' to 'left' (on hounslowwoodcraft.org.uk). I'd quite like the name to move leftwards, but it's not a big deal.

Thanks

John