2: Re: Filtered Item list (response to 1)
Posted by Joe Oldak on

It probably isn't blindingly obvious, especially if you've only been doing website building for three weeks! :-)

It sounds like you're doing the right sort of thing - there could be a bug or something unusual about the setup that's preventing it from working.

I had a quick look at your site but couldn't find the Filtered Item List in question. Could you let me know the URL where it is so I can see what's going wrong?

One thing that might be a gotcha is that I don't think any unpublished pages will appear in the Filtered Item List even if you're previewing it - so ensure the pages you want to appear are live.

Thanks

Joe

3: Re: Filtered Item list (response to 2)
Posted by Peter D. on

Thanks Joe.

I had got so frustrated at going round in circles and getting nowhere that I took all of the references to the filtered list out again, intending to start from scratch. I'll pop these back in again sometime over the weekend, and I'll put a note on here to say where they are.

Regards

Peter

4: Re: Filtered Item list (response to 3)
Posted by Peter D. on

Joe,

I don't know what I've done any differently, but I've rebuilt the section of the website in which I was trying to use the filtered item list includelet, and this time... it's worked!

I did make sure that all of the sub-pages were published this time, so perhaps that's what's done the trick.

Regards

Peter

5: Re: Filtered Item list (response to 4)
Posted by Joe Oldak on

I love it when a plan comes together!

Joe