Posted by Peter D. on

I only started my first foray into website building 3 weeks ago, so apologies if I'm overlooking something which is blindingly obvious.

I've been playing around with the Filtered Item List includelet, but can't get it to see any filtered items. I've set up key words on the pages I want to include, (and tried adding related images to those pages,) and set up those same key words on the includelet configuration screen. However, the only thing that happens is that the message that I had put in for when there are no filtered results pops up when I preview the page.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Peter

2: Re: Filtered Item list (response to 1)
Posted by Joe Oldak on

It probably isn't blindingly obvious, especially if you've only been doing website building for three weeks! :-)

It sounds like you're doing the right sort of thing - there could be a bug or something unusual about the setup that's preventing it from working.

I had a quick look at your site but couldn't find the Filtered Item List in question. Could you let me know the URL where it is so I can see what's going wrong?

One thing that might be a gotcha is that I don't think any unpublished pages will appear in the Filtered Item List even if you're previewing it - so ensure the pages you want to appear are live.

Thanks

Joe

3: Re: Filtered Item list (response to 2)
Posted by Peter D. on

Thanks Joe.

I had got so frustrated at going round in circles and getting nowhere that I took all of the references to the filtered list out again, intending to start from scratch. I'll pop these back in again sometime over the weekend, and I'll put a note on here to say where they are.

Regards

Peter

4: Re: Filtered Item list (response to 3)
Posted by Peter D. on

Joe,

I don't know what I've done any differently, but I've rebuilt the section of the website in which I was trying to use the filtered item list includelet, and this time... it's worked!

I did make sure that all of the sub-pages were published this time, so perhaps that's what's done the trick.

Regards

Peter

5: Re: Filtered Item list (response to 4)
Posted by Joe Oldak on

I love it when a plan comes together!

Joe