Great news! (I think!?). I've revamped the Documentation Pages.
This is of course an ongoing work in progress, but this is an important first step, as previously it was all a mess. From here it should be a bit easier to keep it up to date with changes!
The highlights are:
- Use of the new Clarity theme to make it super-readable, and to have a full side-menu listing all pages.
- A completely new Getting Started helpsheet. This is probably the most important thing as it is (or should be) the first thing that new site admins read. I recommend everyone goes and reads it now, even if you're an experienced admin!
- Use of animated GIFs to demonstrate some actions. They look good! (IMHO)
- Lots of use of the Child List includelet to subdivide sections into pages. (e.g., the list of topics when you view the Getting Started helpsheet)
- Use of a new Next and Previous Page Links includelet, for moving through pages in a section (e.g., again, in the Getting Started helpsheet)
- All pages have been reviewed and updated. (Some more thoroughly than others it has to be said)
I'd be interested in feedback on this - in particular if you think there are some pages missing that we should add, or any pages with errors on them!
Joe - Voice Admin