Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi Kev,

They are somewhat related, and are both now fixed (or in the case of the first issue, superseded).

The show email subscribers page in the weblog admin would have shown users who had subscribed to notifications from your weblog but not from your site. Since all notifications are now managed at the site level (using the opt-in on joining the site, or subsequently enabling notifications from your account pages) this is no longer relevant, so I've removed it.

The second thing, the error on your Notifications page, was due to having an active notification on the Surveys package that has now been disabled (e.g., because it was inside the Private Area that you disabled). I've now fixed this bug.

Thanks for letting me know about these things!

Joe

Posted by Kev Cannings on

Thanks Joe. Is there a way to tell if the news article has sent an email notifications to subscribers? I've just unpublished and republished but I'm not seeing anything in my inbox. Is there a long delay and I need to be patient or is something else happening? I don't want to spam everyone whilst I figure this out, but I would like the users to see the message - That will help me get more people on board with the changes I'm making to the website.

Ignore - email took a while to arrive. No need to reply. Thanks, and all good!

Hi Joe, sorry to come back to this. I just added a new news entry here  It I don't think any email notifications went out. Added yesterday, so should have gone by now. Is there a setting I've missed? anyway to check what I've done wrong? Post in question is this:

https://e-voice.org.uk/manningtreeanddistrictphotographicsociety/news/one-entry?entry_id=47312470

Thank, Kev

Posted by Alan-Parry (Euphonix Admin). on

Hi Kev

There may be a simple solution, when you opt for email notifications have you changed the drop-down list in the corresponding right-hand column from weekly to instant?  It's a common problem I encountered with my members getting detailed emails.

Best wishes 

Alan

Thanks Alan - a good shout, but I have two accounts both set to instant (double checked just in case). Neither received the noticification.

Posted by SVH_Webmin on

I have a WordPress site I manage and once a post has gone the email system marks it as "done" and even if I change or unpublish it wont send again. Try copying the content to a new post and then hit publish

Thanks for this. I just unpublished and republished the post and that triggered the email notification. I'm unsure why the original publish didn't trigger a notification.