Posted by historydave on

I believe in order to load documents I need to convert word files to PDF file, what is the easiest way to do this..?

Longridge History Society    David Williams

Posted by Bulmer on

If use WORD, Excel or any Office software such as Libraoffice, print as pdf which will ask where you want save it and then you can upload to Assets.

Posted by historydave on

Thanks for your reply, but I am still struggling, if you look at our Longridge History Society site , and click on the page poster -22-23.

then the file only opens if you click on poster-22-23, so clearly I have done something wrong.

If I could crack this problem then I would be able to add lots of documents to our website , any thoughts please.

David w

Posted by Bulmer on

That's how PDF s work. If it's just plain text then you could copy and paste from Word and create separate pages for each poster.

Posted by Alan-Parry (Euphonix Admin). on

One of the save options in MS Word is to save as a pdf file.  Save the pdf in the normal way and then upload to Voice.  If you want you can also upload Word files to Voice.

Posted by Alan-Parry (Euphonix Admin). on

If you draft anything in MS Word whether it is a wholly text document, a graphic/picture document or a mixture of both you can save that document as both a Word Document or a pdf Document.  If you put page breaks into the word document as you are drafting it when you save as a pdf the page breaks will be there.

If you receive a Word document import it into your system and then save it as a pdf.

To save a Word document as a pdf click the arrow in the top left-hand corner and go down the menu to "save as ..." Give the file a name (you may wish to use the same name as the "docx" file) and in file type you will find lots of options including pdf.