Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi Graham,

The way you are linking to audio files seems to work well, though I guess is a bit laborious to set up and manage. There is possibly a better/easier way you could do this!

I suggest using the Our Files app (rename it to Audio Files or something suitable), and create a folder for each piece, and then upload each file into there. This would be less faff to keep up to date as you don't need to manually create links to each file. See the info on the Our Files app here.

Over time you would then have lots of folders for lots of pieces of music, which could be a really useful resource!

You could also ask what Euphonix do - they're quite prolific Voice site users, and the chap that runs the site is helpful and I'm sure wouldn't mind you getting in touch (they've even created some contact forms!)

Unrelated to the music files, you may want to try using the YouTube includelet to embed the videos on your Videos page. This has the advantage of being responsive (i.e., the videos fit to the screen). Here's an example page with some embedded videos.

You can add a title and description for each video in the includelet settings.

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

Posted by GrahamShort on

Thanks for the pointers, Joe. I will do some investigation into the areas you've indicated.

Thanks

Graham

Posted by GrahamShort on

I've just had a play with the OurFiles app. I like the way it simplifies the upload. I would have liked to use a zip file, but bumped up against the size limit for that.

Is there a way to link to the files in the app ? As it stands the files would need to be downloaded by each choir member. Having a link means all they need to do is play it directly off the website, which is a simpler experience for them. 

Thanks again

Graham

Hi Graham

if you want to discuss the way that I operate the Euphonix Choir website just let me know - use the general contact form on the website.  www.euphonix.org.uk

Best wishes

Alan Parry