Posted by Joe Oldak on

The image viewer you talk about sounds a bit like the Slider includelet - this already allows you to show image and text together and move through a set of pictures. Maybe all this needs is the ability to specify a photo album (or a folder in the assets library?) as the source for the images, rather than having to manually add each one?

Is there anything else that the Slider doesn't do that you think would make it more useful? I imagine the automatic sliding might be annoying if you're trying to appreciate a photo and it keeps changing! So adding a config option to set the delay time perhaps?

You could also try the Polls app/includelet for voting for favourite picture - you can restrict polls to only logged in users if you want to prevent cheating!

From the surveys app you can download a CSV of all responses which will contain links to each attached file - you still need to get each one individually of course, but at least you have the reference all in once place. (I only recently added the attachment links in the CSV so if you already tried this then try it again! :-))

Cheers

Joe - Voice Admin

Posted by Stephen_DSmith on

Hi Joe,

Yes, the slider includelet would work, but yes images changing automatically would be a touch annoying. If a fully manual option is not possible a long delay would sort that I guess. In terms of useability, is it possible to add a next/previous button to the interface? Only on a touchscreen device, you can't swipe through images you have to use the dots which is actually harder on a larger touch screen than a mobile...

I will have a look at the polls app, it may be useful but we are also trying to encourage members to supply feedback (without much success) so it may be more of a survey than a poll.

I had not noticed the change to the survey image csv files but that will be most useful for competition use so thanks!

Stephen

Posted by Kev Cannings on

Love your site Stephen - really clean and tidy! Your news items are really well laid out, and you can filter them 😮 Is that to do with the theme you are using or your superior technical ability? I'd love to know how you added the filter and got your news items to display as a 3 column grid with nice headings and summary text :)

Posted by Stephen_DSmith on

Hi Kev,

Thanks, the site is still a bit of a work in progress, although it is something you never really finish.

The news layout is nothing super technical, all the news and results are just done with the "filtered item list" includelet using a grid layout. I have used keywords on the pages/news item and the summary I think is just the subtitle.

The "Filtered item list keywords" does the filtering, it was just placed on the page above the filtered item list.

Regards,

Stephen.

Posted by Kev Cannings on

Thanks Stephen - I wondered if the filtered list might be the case so I've played with that in the past and again today - I can't seem to get it working though, and even if I managed to get some items appearing (pages rather than news items), they don't look even half as nice as yours. I think I'm probably going off topic with this thread so I've opened a more relevant one in the general support forum here: Voice Online Communities | General Support: Help building a news(?) page (e-voice.org.uk)

Much appreciated, and thanks for taking the time :)