Posted by PaulR on

Hi there, our SSL certificate from Lets Encrypt expired on 26 August, and doesn't seem to have auto-renewed.

Our domain (www.kingstonmencap.org.uk) is still pointing to the correct place:

www.kingstonmencap.org.uk. 3118 IN      A       83.136.248.56

Any help on how to fix this would be most appreciated.

Thanks, -Paul

Posted by Voice Admin on

Hmm, yes, there does seem to be a problem with that certificate. Though all the others in the system seem to be fine!

I'll see if I can resolve it. There's nothing you need to do for this, I just need to work out what's upsetting Let's Encrypt for this particular site.

Thanks

Joe

Posted by PaulR on

Great, thank you very much for your help.

Posted by Ongarinbloom on

Dear e-voice, sorry I have used a reply to this problem as a way to post my own but I could not see a way to generate a new post.... using 123-reg I have changed the ongarinbloom.com ip address to the updated e-voice one as per your June email (only just did this yesterday as your email was completely overlooked- many apologies)  Now when I search for ongarinbloom.com it comes up 'suspicious site due to out of date ssl'  Is this something that will auto rectify during the 123-reg 48 hour wait for update period or do I need to be doing something else - grateful for your help!

Posted by Voice Admin on

I think the problem might be partly caused because the ongarinbloom.com domain (without the www) has two A records - one for the new server address and one for the old one. This seems to have confused the automatic certificate registration system.

If you delete the one for the old server (46.20.114.134) and leave only the one for the new (83.136.248.56) then this would be a good step in the right direction.

I will also have a look to see if I can manually get the certificate working.

Thanks

Joe

Many thanks Joe.  Have deleted so just have the new ip address for @  and www now. 

All seems to be working okay now Joe - many thanks for your help!