Posted by Voice Admin on

The problem is that MSN are blocking the new IP address of Voice. This is possibly because other servers in the same address range have sent spam email in the past, or it may simply be because this is the first time this IP address has been used to send email and so it hasn't been 'approved' yet.

I have submitted a support request to Microsoft and requested that they unblock the IP address.

I don't think there's a problem on Voice itself - emails to most other domains are getting through OK. (though a few others are still having problems, that I'm looking into)

Thanks

Joe

Posted by Alan-Parry (Euphonix Admin). on

Joe,

Thanks for the update.  Your message came through as an email as it should have done (my original message did not come through as an email).  So I assume that outlook, hotmail and msn accounts are now in receipt of Voice email messages.

Our members use a variety of domain email accounts

• Yahoo
  • Blueyonder
  • Virginmedia
  • gmail
  • aol

We had been getting reports recently that emails were not being received.  I suspected that it might have something to do with the IP address that was being used and that emails from this source were being blocked by some providers (I had raised an issue locally about it).  When you announced that there would be a new IP address we hoped that it would sort the matter out.  If you are in communication with other email account providers can you let the Voice community know of any that we should be wary of so we can alert our members accordingly.

Posted by Alan-Parry (Euphonix Admin). on

Hi Joe

There still seems to be an issue with Gmail and Virginmedia accounts.  I'm getting reports that emails are still not coming through to these accounts. Have you an update on the status of the domains now accepting the new IP address?

Many thanks

Alan Parry