Posted by Nick__H on

Hi,

Is there a way to change the colour of the Title/Organisation Name?  The grey is a little dull and off-putting.  Hopefully something simple I am missing.  Using the 'Modern' theme as that works best for us.

Thank You

Nick

Posted by Alan-Parry (Euphonix Admin). on

Hi Nick,

I had entertained similar ideas sometime ago, but concluded that grey was the default colour, and that there were no provisions to change it.

I've often wondered what happens when you move from the Modern theme to the Bootstrap theme without making any significant changes in Bootstrap, will the look and feel mirror the settings from the Modern theme?  If so, the look and feel for the members off my website would be unaffected.  I would then be able to make subtle/evolutionary changes over time.  This would include getting rid of the grey text and perhaps having a different  font style.

As the online manual isn't particularly clear on the issue it would be great to hear from a website administrator who has moved from the Modern theme to the Bootstrap theme on whether there is initially any significant change in the way  their website appeared after moving across.

There was an old thread about changing the font colour and background colour.  This is the link for the advice on changing the font colour, I think

https://e-voice.org.uk/help/forums/message-view?message_id=20026292

Alan

Posted by Nick__H on

Thank you Alan, that worked!  Interestingly the CSS file will change the font and font colour, but notthe size, very odd!

Had tried to do a seatch but was obviously using the wrong words!

Nick

Hi Nick

Thanks for the update.  You may get help in the text size by having a look at this website (I stumbled across it by accident): https://www.w3schools.com/howto/default.asp

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Alan

Posted by Nick__H on

Thanks Alan,

I've tried all combinations of Font-Size: 'nnpt', 'nnpx', 'xx-large', 'larger', '150%', 

Nothing seems to work!

Cheers

Nick

Posted by Voice Admin on

font-size: 50px; (or whatever size you like) should work fine - I just tried it in the web developer tools in Firefox and the size changed as expected.

If you're adding it to a custom css file you may find it doesn't update straight away as the file can be cached. Maybe try it and be patient to see if it changes after a while.

(though you could instead put the custom CSS into the theme settings where any changes will appear instantly when you reload any page)

Thanks

Joe

Posted by Nick__H on

Hi Joe,

I was adding it into custom CSS in the theme settings, the other changes did change on re-load (colour/font).

Will give it another shot.

Thanks

Nick

Posted by Nick__H on

Hmm, just tried again and it worked straight off, not sure what was up this afternoon, but was trying for ages, anyway works now so all good.  Cheers