Posted by Kim Gilbert on

I have been a site administrator for a while but I have never been able to edit the public pages. I can carry out admin in the private area only. Even if I make say an entry on the calendar and change permissions to make it available to public it only shows in private area. Have I missed something?

Kim

Posted by Voice Admin on

Public web pages are edited in exactly the same way as the pages in the Private Area. Indeed, the Private Area is effectively another separate website within your main website, with its own CMS and Applications etc.

The thing to note though is that the calendar in the private area of the site is separate to the one on the public pages of the site. Simply making a calendar entry public or private will not alter which Calendar it appears in.

If you want an event to be in both the public and private calendars you would have to add it to both.

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

Posted by Kim Gilbert on

I did not know there were two calendars that's useful, however my problem is that I can't edit any page in the public area. According to the help sheets when I am logged into the system (as an administrator which I think is the same as just logging on) I should see options to edit say the homepage somewhere on the page when I am on that page but can't find any way of editing it.

Kim

Posted by Voice Admin on

Ahhah, I understand now.

The members and administrators of the public and private (committee area) sites are completely separate.

I can see that you are listed as an administrator of the private area but not the public site.

I have now added you as an admin of the public site.

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin