2: Re: Facebook feed (response to 1)
Posted by josi51 on

Tried your new theme and the slider includelet to put Facebook on but firstly Facebook entries did not come up, and secondly (sorry, but) the page looked pretty awful.

We have now got our website looking as we want it and it looks good using the Dark Tones theme.  Don't really want to change it to a grotty looking screen just to add Facebook.

Any chance you can develop a slider for normal pages?

Jo

3: Re: Facebook feed (response to 2)
Posted by Voice Admin on

Adding your Facebook URL just adds a link to your page - there is no functionality in Voice to automatically import a Facebook or Twitter feed.

If you get the official Twitter widget (from Twitter, not us) you can embed that onto a page, in any theme. I believe others have done this with good success (click the embed button in the WYSIWYG and paste the code that Twitter give you). You could pop it into a "Custom" includelet if you wanted to put it into a different column.

(This same trick works to embed video from YouTube, etc)

A similar embeddable widget may exist for Facebook feeds, but we don't provide one.

Regarding the page looking "pretty awful" - I guess there's no accounting for taste! We like it, but if you don't then I guess that's fine. :-)

There is another new responsive theme in the pipeline for release in the next few weeks which has a different look and feel, and more varied colour schemes, and will support the slider. There are currently no plans to add the slider to any of the old themes.

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

4: Re: Facebook feed (response to 3)
Posted by josi51 on

Thanks Joe.

Jo