Posted by Deleted User on

Hi,

Could you tell me how to modify/hide these links on our site. I'm quite new to web site design but we'd like to remove these links to create a custom about us page with other contacts etc on it.

Also the Listen link leads to a nowhere page so I'd like to get rid of it =).

Thanks

Will

Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi,

To edit or delete existing content you will need to use the content management system (CMS). To access this system, you need to navigate to the content you'd like to manage and select the "edit this page" link. Otherwise you may select edit this page or "manage website" link from any page and then navigate to the content from within the CMS. 

Once you are in to the administration interface you can learn about it's functions and how to use it from our documentation.

The listen link is part of the core website. Could you provide me a link to your specific web site and I'll take a look for you.

Regards,

Rob Denison.

Cambridge Open Systems' support team.

Hi,

The web site is http://www.bucksvoice.net/haddenham-museum/

The 2 links - About Us and Listen - I mentioned dont show up in the manage website content management as far as I can see,

Thanks,

Will

Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi Will,

The listen service was paid for by bucks council and they have decided not to continue it so I have now removed the listen links from the site. 

Furhter I have also removed the "about-us" page from your site and you are free to make an alternative page with the CMS or to not have one at all.

I hope that helps, but if you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Rob Denison.

Cambridge Open Systems' support team

Thanks for your help!

Hi Support Team,

I have a similiar problem with our website www.bucksvoice.net/scnp/ (or www.steepleclaydonplan.org.uk).

We have a lot of feedback from website readers regarding the About Us page. People find it very confusing and it is not what they expected to find on an About Us page. Would it be possible to remove the link so that I can create an alternative page? Thank you for your consideration.

Ian Millard

Posted by Voice Admin on

No problem - I have removed the About Us link.

Thanks

Joe

Thanks Joe, much appreciated.

Ian