We give impartial information, advice and guidance to refugees and asylum seekers looking for employment including:
- looking and applying for work
- access to vocational training, further and higher education
- signpost and referral to volunteering opportunities
- support with securing funding for ILETS
- recognition of qualifications from abroad
We offer one to one career guidance sessions and group workshops covering employment terms and conditions and the UK labour market and guided job search sessions.
We also aim to raise awareness amongst employers of refugees' right to work in the UK, undertake work experience or work trials.
Young adult project
The aim of this project is to enable the children of refugees to acquire the skills and experience in order to apply more successfully for saturday jobs, volunteering opportunities, further/higher education and apprenticeships. We offer one to one careers advice and skills assements and group activities including:
- treasure hunts in Kingston and neighbouring boroughs to improve knowledge of local history and environment
- healthy lifestyles
- creating an e-portfolio for online job and UCAS applications
- online safety
- creative arts
- visits to museums and galleries in central London