3: aRe: Poll (response to 2)
Posted by Deleted User on

Hi

Thanks for the quick response however I dont think you got the gist of my problem. I have already done exactly as you have stated and did have a poll running for a day or two and very good it was just like your example but with different words.

What is happening when I try to place a new one on it keeps telling me I need to enable it (on the enamble/disable button) even though this button clearly states it is enabled. The computer does not understand any instruction from this button and unless it does it is impossible for me to place a new poll on the site.

The buttons within this section Enabled/Permissions/Rename/ Management of this application all seem to have some effect as in the rename, it will rename but nothing will tell the computer that it is enabled what ever I do the computer remains stubbon and totally refuses to believe it is enabled and thus blocking me from making a new poll

Thanks for your assistance - oh by the way I dont do thinks by half if I am going to mess thing up I make a good job of it

Thanks for being patient

Bill

4: Re: aRe: Poll (response to 3)
Posted by Deleted User on

Hi

I forgot to mention the following on my last entry, when I ask for a new poll it states (the b computer that is) 'There are no polls available' insisting I have to enable the 'poll' when it already is

Thanks

Bill

5: Re: Poll (response to 4)
Posted by Voice Admin on

The "Polls" app in the Site Map allows you to manage lots of polls - in itself it is not a poll. It looks like while you had a poll in this app but you have managed to delete it (sadly polls can not be undeleted).

I have created a test poll in the Polls app - if you add a Polls includelet to a page you should now see that my test poll appears as an option. You probably want to delete my test poll and add your own though!

Note that each poll can be enabled/disabled independently within the Polls app. You might have lots of different polls defined but only one or two of them enabled. I think maybe you confused enabling/disabling the whole Polls app with enabling/disabling an individual poll within that app.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Voice Admin