2: Re: Search (response to 1)
Posted by Voice Admin on

This is an unfortunate known bug which affects CMS pages. I think I have worked out what I need to do to fix it properly, but it's a bit complicated. It will get fixed but maybe not for a little while.

In the meantime there are two options which are better than hiding the search box (since the search box on the main site will still show the results anyway):

1. Put the content into a different app, such as noticeboard/weblog/forums and set the permissions accordingly. These are not affected by this search bug, and items which a user doesn't have permission to see won't show in the search results.
  2. Note that the contents of includelets isn't searched - so you could create a page as normal in the CMS and then put the bits that you don't want to be searchable into a Custom includelet and place this on the page (using the Layout tab on the page).
    The disadvantage with this option is that they'll never be in the search results, even if the user does have permission to see it.

Thanks

Voice Admin

3: Re: Search (response to 2)
Posted by Deleted User on

Thanks for your reponse. Unfortunately, none of your proposed solutions reaaly fits, so I will wait for the fix and be a little circumspect in what I put onto pages. Please let me know when it's fixed.

4: Re: Search (response to 3)
Posted by Voice Admin on

Will do. Though in the meantime do have a play with adding the Custom includelet to a page, to see if you can get something approximating what you want!

Thanks

Voice Admin