I have just lost the calender includet from the home page of our site.

I was trying to make the includet show the first 4 items from our events calendar rather that the default 2. but have lost the lot.

How to I get it back? 

2: Re: Calendar includet (response to 1)
Posted by Joe Oldak on

It looks like you've fixed this - well done! :-)

For further information on includelets see this page in the documentation.

Thanks

Voice Admin

3: Re: Calendar includet (response to 2)
Posted by Birmingham Society of Model Engineers Ltd on

Thanks for that.

Yes I have got it back, but only by reverting to a previous revision, which was more by luck than judgement.

I have altered the number of events displayed to 4, but the includlet still only show the default 2 events on the home page.

Obviously I am still doing something wrong? Can you please advise?

Many thanks.

4: Re: Calendar includet (response to 3)
Posted by Joe Oldak on

In the settings for the includelet you can specify two parameters that control which events are shown:

1. The maximum number of events to show - this is the upper limit on the number of events - so even though you've selected four, it will happily show less than that based on the second setting
  2. The time period for events to show. This isn't named very clearly - what it means is how far into the future should it display events for. So if you select "1 week" it'll only show events that are going to happen in the next week.

So, if you always want it to show four events, I suggest that you select four as the maximum, then select the longest time possible (1 year) for the duration.

I hope this clears it up!

Voice Admin