Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi all,

As discussed on the Voice User Group call this morning, I have added the word Menu to the hamburger menu button for mobile size screens (always for the Clarity theme). Make your browser narrow and you'll see what I mean.

This should make it much more obvious how to find the main navigation on mobile screens, which previously wasn't clear to people unfamiliar with the hamburger convention!

I've checked it on lots of sites, but please do go ahead and check that you're happy with it on your site, and let me know on here if there's a problem.

Thanks!

Joe

PS. Sorry if this message makes you want a hamburger! :-)

2: Re: Hamburger Menu (response to 1)
Posted by Bulmer on

Hi Joe,

it dosent appear to work on the fresh format, which all my sites use.

Perhaps you can check, in case I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

Mike

3: Re: Hamburger Menu (response to 1)
Posted by sue potter on

I can see it - looks good - thanks JOe

Sue

4: Re: Hamburger Menu (response to 1)
Posted by Bulmer on

Hi Joe,

Thanks now working for two of my sites but not the Oil Group site, strange.

Cheers

Mike

Posted by The Editor on

Is there any way to prevent the menu from collapsing into a hamburger icon on a narrow screen. 

I currently have explicit code in ctat.org.uk to display buttons instead of using the automatic menuing capability.  This allows the buttons to be shown regardless of screen width.  I get feedback from users to say they appreciate this approach.

I would like to use the automatic menuing capabilities, but need some way to prevent the menu changing into a hamburger.