Posted by Joe Oldak on

As suggested at the last User Group chat, I've added a way to copy includelets using the Layout tab in the CMS.

Each includelet in now has a little Copy button (and a new Configure button that is equivalent to double-clicking on it).

If you click Copy you will then see a Paste includelet button appear in each slot. Click the slot where you want to paste the new includelet and off you go!

You can also copy includelets between pages using this method.

Deleting includelets is still done by dragging them to the Trash slot.

Please try it out and let me know how you get on!

Thanks

Joe

Posted by GrahamShort on

Is it possible to enhance this capability so that when you've copied an includelet you can copy it to another page i.e. have the paste includelet added to every scratch page ? I do this manually a lot.

Posted by Joe Oldak on

You can certainly copy between pages using this method, but there's no facility to have a default template that's used as the basis of new pages.

However what you could do is create your own template page on your site with all the includelets you want on it, but don't publish it, and then Copy/Paste this template page whenever you want to add a new page to your site.

Thanks

Joe

Posted by GrahamShort on

I tried copy and pasting includelets but it doesn't seem to work for me. I have my Practice Pieces page (which is effectively my template, I publish this but it's not in the index so not really seen by my users). I create a new version. Pick an includelet and select the Copy button. Then Paste includelet appears in the scratch area for that page. Now I go to my home page which I've also made a new version, but there's no equivalent paste includelet on it's scratch page. Am I missing something ?

Thanks

Graham

Posted by GrahamShort on

Sorry I wasn't explicit. Copy and Paste of includelets to the same page works fine. It's copy and paste includelets between different pages I don't seem to be able to get to work.

TA

Graham