Posted by Joe Oldak on

Another thought - if you wanted to have a more detailed entry for each business, you could use the Contact Information includelet on each listing page, which shows a map with the location and all the contact details nicely formatted.

See this example here (click the individual organisations to see what I mean).

Again, this is a bit of effort to add initially - though once you've created the first one you can Copy/Paste to create new pages and just update the details.

Joe

Posted by Katie Daley-Yates on

Hi Joe

Thank you for your comprehensive response to my query around databases. I particularly like the Refugee Advocacy Forum example where you can have contact information and a map. 

If we were to commission a database with search facility + form that our members could fill out how much would this cost? 

We don't have very much budget but it would be useful to know how much something like this might cost. 

Otherwise, I might need to take you up on your offer of help to get initially started using some of the examples you provided. 

Best Katie 

Posted by Joe Oldak on

We can talk off-forum about costs, though to develop a fully customisable and searchable database facility is likely to be beyond the budget of a single group :-/

If you're keen to go ahead with the CMS based approach, like the Resource Hub and Members directory mentioned above, then I'm happy to give you a bit of help to get started.

If you're OK with it, I could create a section on your website with an example listing which you could then add to. (or I could send you some details about how to create this yourself)

Thanks

Joe - Voice admin

Dear Joe 

So sorry for not replying sooner its been a busy month of delivering events. It would be wonderful to get your help with the database. Happy to try the CMS based approach like the Resource Hub and Members directory. If you can give me some help that would be great. 

Best for now Katie 

Hi Joe 

Can you let me know how we can discuss this off the forum? Would be great if I could start to put in place the proper database. Best Katie