Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi Alan,

I've been looking into, and improving, some things around login/registration, which could include removing the Register now link on sites whose Membership Policy is Private (i.e., sites that don't want people to freely join or ask for membership).

The Register now link is important if you want users to be able to create an account in order to join your site. Especially for sites with their own domain name, as the option would be to tell users to go to e-voice to create an account, then come back to the custom domain to log in, which would be a worse experience.

I'll also look into the case where people use Register now and use an account that already exists. I would expect this to redirect the user to the forgot password link automatically (or at least tell the user to do so). Registering again for an account that already exists should be impossible!

It could be the case that a user's account has expired and been deleted due to inactivity, and then they have created a new one with the same email address?

Thanks

Joe