Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi all,

Great news! I've made some updates to the Our Files app. These are:

• Ability to set the default Sort Order for each folder (e.g., if you want the default to be by date rather than alphabetically)
  • Remove the 20MB limit for uploads - this is now 100MB as it is everywhere else on Voice.
  • Folder Description shows above folder listing.
  • Files are always served in their 'raw' form - previously Text and HTML files would be served up using the site theme, but this was kind of weird. It's now consistent for all file types.
  • Tidy/fix some of the actions around renaming/moving files - e.g., don't allow copying or moving files into the same directory that it's already in.
  • Cancel button on all the add/update folder/file pages.
  • Registered users no longer see the Properties button on files, this is restricted to users with the Contribute permission (e.g., your site's members).

Do have a play with it and let me know how you get on!

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

2: Re: Our Files updates (response to 1)
Posted by GrahamShort on

Looks good to me. 

I've been able to use the higher limit of file size to upload an audio file that I previously had to use an asset for.

I've used the folder description editing to add useful metadata into my audio files.

I would have liked to have the ability to search the audio files, but I shalln't be greedy Smile

Graham

3: Re: Our Files updates (response to 2)
Posted by Joe Oldak on

You can search for files (by name/description but not content) in the main site search (i.e., the public Search button/box on the website), but no they won't appear in searches in the CMS, because this is only for content pages.

It's an interesting point though, that perhaps other apps should have results appearing in the CMS search so that you can find and link to content more easily. I'll add it to the list and give it some thought!

Thanks

Joe

4: Re: Our Files updates (response to 3)
Posted by GrahamShort on

It looks to me what you can search for appears to be limited to the file name. You don't seem to be able to search for folder names or the actual filenames (or subsets of them) or the description fields. This capability would help.

Graham

5: Re: Our Files updates (response to 1)
Posted by Alan-Parry (Euphonix Admin). on

Hi Joe

Your recent message says that you have removed the 20MB limit for uploads and that this is now 100MB as it is everywhere else on Voice.  Can you clarify whether this is per file or limitations within a folder.  This morning I tried to upload 4 large mp4 files, but only 3 of them are appearing in the folder.  These 3 files (16, 23 & 31 MB each) plus the 20+ photos uploaded at the same time probably exceeded the 100MB total when I tried to add a 4th video file within the same folder.  However, I was under the impression that the max. file size that can now be uploaded is 100MB and that there was no restrictions on the overall storage.  So, I was wondering whether the 100MB limit somehow related to the total within a folder?

Alan.

6: Re: Our Files updates (response to 1)
Posted by Felix on

Hi,

I can't find the option to change the sort order for folders in the Our Files application.

We have lots of folders of minutes, etc, that used to sort by file name, but now sort by the title of the files. This means they are no longer in the correct order, e.g. The Parish Magazine for 2013

Please would you point me to the option to change the order.

Thanks,

Felix Green (Tewin Village)

7: Re: Our Files updates (response to 6)
Posted by Joe Oldak on

If you're logged in as an admin, just go into a folder, change the sort order by clicking on the column headings (Name/Type/Size/Last Modified). Click the heading again to reverse the order.

Once you've found the order you like, click the Save this folder order button.

(Any visitor can reorder the view for themselves, but only admins can save it as the default.)

Cheers

Joe