Posted by pasathappyvalley on

Hi Joe,  you are doing a great job and since I joined Voice I have noticed that your responses to queries/reports etc have been timely. This makes the use of the service very effective in that users are getting great support. I come from a background in operations and maintenance in the telecommunications field and was particularly active on documentation.  It is very easy though in the computing field to miss out notes/information both inbuilt in the coding and in written documentation, and get out of step easily.  I ask therefore if you haven't considered this can you keep the written documentation up to date asap.  Keep up the good work and support.

Regards

Peter S

2: Re: New Features (response to 1)
Posted by Joe Oldak on

Overhauling the documentation is certainly a task that's on the list of things to do!

I think what would be really useful too would be a set of How To guides, which go through step by step what you need to do to achieve a particular outcome on your site.

Having documentation that tells you what each app does is all well and good, but often what is more useful is worked examples, like "How to create a news section using a Filtered Item List", etc.

Thanks for your suggestion

Joe