2: Re: Search optimisation (response to 1)
Posted by Voice Admin on

The only thing you need to do is wait - Google only scan the e-voice site and update their indexes periodically, it isn't instant. Try searching again in a week! :-)

Thanks

Joe

3: Re: Search optimisation (response to 2)
Posted by Deleted User on

Thanks for your reply, I'll be more patient.

4: Re: Search optimisation (response to 2)
Posted by Deleted User on

Hi, several weeks later, still not showing up on Google search. Am I just being impatient still?

Thanks

5: Re: Search optimisation (response to 4)
Posted by Pevensey and Westham Historical Society on

I've been waiting for five weeks, and still nothing is showing on Google - but Bing has picked it up.

I'm told that it helps if other websites are linked to yours, and will try this if I can.

8: Re: Search optimisation (response to 2)
Posted by historydave on

How often does Bing review the e-voice.org.uk  site, waiting patiently for our longridge history society site to be included, it comes to the top of the list on Google,but I need the site to show on Bing as well,,, any thoughts please

9: Re: Search optimisation (response to 8)
Posted by Joe Oldak on

There's a Sitemap XML file generated by Voice that contains all websites. Google and Bing read this file regularly, and use it to discover new Voice sites.

Discovering the site is usually quite a quick process - generally within a day of creating it. However, it can take some time before the search engines fully crawl the site and add it to their index - something that we don't have any control over!

I can see from the Bing webmaster tools that it has found your site, so I expect it will appear in the search results soon.

Thanks

Joe