Posted by John Tippins on

Like the person who posted last June (Avanticic Admin), I am also getting too much spam email via the contact form on our site. And, also like the previous poster, I would like to add a Captcha to the contact form but I can see no way of doing this - there was no reply to the previous post. Does anyone have a suggestion about how to do this?

Thanks

2: Re: Captcha (response to 1)
Posted by Alan-Parry (Euphonix Admin). on

Hi John,

I too get the occasional annoying email communication.  I'm not sure how they are generated, because a few are the same/almost the same in content and invariably from the same source/person.  I have always assumed that the individuals have nothing better to do than complete an online enquiry form in the hope of generating a response (which never happens - the form provides some for of annominity for the receipient, unless a response is made).

I suppose one solution would be to set up a "Dummy" email account for the purposes of receiving enquiries through the online form and reviewing incoming emails once a week/month - weeding out the genuine from the others.

All the best

Alan

3: Re: Captcha (response to 2)
Posted by mscarer on

Not sure if this would help but for many years i have used some third party software called Mailwasher - it was developed in NZ around 20 years ago.  It links up with your mail server(s) without you being in the mail account and learns as you use it what is spam and automatically flags it up for deletion next time, then it just clicking on the 'sponge' to tell  it to delete or 'wash' all the 'dirty mail'. You can flag up either individuals or domains for the black lists or as friends.  Mailwasher gives me an overview of all my accounts and i can delete anything that i don't want to get through to outlook.

4: Re: Captcha (response to 1)
Posted by Voice Admin on

I will look into adding a Captcha type widget onto the feedback forms (and also in Surveys that allow anonymous answers). I have quite a big To Do list for things I want to do on Voice, but at the moment am a bit tied up with other work. The plan is that I'll have more time to work on it soon!

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin