Posted by Voice Admin on

There are a load of sliders on here showing how they look in different parts of the page: https://e-voice.org.uk/demosite/features/sliders/

You can set the aspect ratio of the slider from the includelet config. You can choose 4x3, 16x9, or natural. If you use natural then the slider will resize to whatever image sizes are being used, but if you use one of the other settings then the size will stay fixed and your images will be shown at an appropriate scale.

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

Posted by Alan-Parry (Euphonix Admin). on

Hi Joe 

Thanks for the advice.  I have seen the general demonstration on your tutorial page previously.

The issue I have is the size of the images that I have experimented with do not scale down when used with the slider includelet.  So, if the slider is at the top of the content page seems to take over a significant part of that page, rather than the small images shown on your demo page.  If I insert, for example, an image on a content page I am able to resize it so that it doesn't appear too large or intrusive.  I have tried altering the aspect ratio but it doesn't seem to make much difference. 

Is there a way to determine the size of the image that is placed into a slider, or do I somehow need to upload a small image.

Thanks

Alan

Hi Joe,

Is there a mechanism that determines how quickly the slider screens change?  The default seems to be pretty quick, can I set my own timings?

Thanks

Alan

Posted by Voice Admin on

Sorry, no - you're stuck with the default!

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the update.  I still have a problem in sizing the image. It doesn't matter which of the 3 sizes I set the image to, they all seem to be disproportionately larger than necessary.  If I insert an image elsewhere on the site I am able to scale it down if it is too large.

Alan

Posted by Voice Admin on

Can you let me know the page where you're trying this out, and I'll take a look.

Joe - Voice Admin

Hi Joe,

If you go into the Member's Area you will find a page called "Staging Area".  This is where I can bounce ideas off members of the Committee before they are formally published.  Permissions for the Staging Area to view have only been given to the local site administrators (made up of the Committee). 

I have now loaded the Staging Area with 3 slider includelets 4x3, 16x9 and natural aspect image ratios (each specifically marked).  In each slider I have inserted the same photograph and the same logo image to demonstrate how each performs.  The one that best meets my needs is the Natural Aspect Ratio, the problem is that the photo image is too large and there doesn't appear anyway of resizing it.

Under the sliders I have inserted the same photo and image from the Asset Library (without changes) and then a second time in which I demonstrate the abiliity to decrease of increase the photo/image.

The Staging Page has not been published as the Committee would wonder what I was doing, but you can see the effect by using the Preview facility.

I hope that this helps.  Can you also let me know when you have viewed the page and I can wipe it clean.

Best wishes

Alan