We are thinking of setting up a noticeboard on the Tewin Village site, and would like to be able to offer Registered Users (not Site Members) email notification.
The Noticeboard documentation says:
Registered users can sign up for an email notification whenever you publish an entry. To do this they click on the request email notification link in the Notifications section of the front page of the application.
Once registered, they can unsubscribe from notifications by clicking on unsubscribe in the Notifications section of the application.
- I can't see any request notification links (I'm sure they used to be there).
- How does a registered user request notifications for a site?
- Can notifications be just for a noticeboard, and not for new content, new documents etc.?
Thanks very much for letting us know. We do try to keep our documentation up to date but in this instance we seem to have missed notifications in our updates.
We recently updated the notifications management process for users, to make it easier to understand, and simpler to stay updated on all aspects of a communities activity. As such, all notifications are now handled on a per community level.
So if you have created the noticeboard you would like to create the content on, then members of your organisation can simply click on the "Your Account" link at the top of the page and select the Email preferences tab. From there they can choose to receive updates from your community.
At the moment it is not possible to select individual applications to receive notifications from and only members of a community can elect to receive them.
In the future we intend to add the ability to choose on an individual application level and will look into allowing non-members to choose at the same time.
I hope this helps, and we'll be updating our documentation shortly.
Cambridge Open Systems' support team
Thanks for the explaination.
I've been experimenting with a notice board, and have some more questions:
- Is the link "Show email subscribers" on the Managing Noticeboard screen just redundant, or am I missing something?
- Is there any way of not allowing site members to add comments to notices?
- Is there any way of allowing a site administrator to delete a comment made by a member?