Who to contact in a flood

When you contact anyone about flooding make sure you give as much detail as you can

Lancashire Police 999 - only ring this number if there is an immediate risk to life

Police 101 - Ring this number for non-emergency problems or outside office hours

Floodline - 0345 988 1188

United Utilities - 0345 6723 723 - ring this number if the flooding is from sewers or burst water mains

Lancashire County Council - 0300 123 6780.  Ring this number if flooding is from highway drainage, ground water, surface water or water courses

If you notice any lingering problems in public places, please report straightforward highway defects to LCC by using our Report It facility on https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/roads-parking-and-travel/report-it/ 

For more complicated reports please email to highways@lancashire.gov.uk or ring the support team during working hours on tel 0300-123-6780.

The Environment Agency incident hotline (0800 80 70 60) should only be used to report a flood. I

Local radio stations will be up to date with the latest news and weather conditions.

Having contact details of relatives, friends and neighbours is important if you need to quickly warn anyone of potential risks and danger, or to let them know where you are.