This is a community site that informs the general public in Great Eccleston about the flooding dangers within the village.  This website is administered by David Astall the Chair of Great Eccleston FLAG.

Contacting the FLAG

If you wish to contact the FLAG and report general flooding issues then email geflag@btinternet.com

What's new 

Monthly report

Information on the FLAG members sub site

Current Flood Warning


Flood warning in place - Lower Wyre

10pm 17/02/2024 - 10am 18/02/2024

Potential flood alert

spell of heavy rain has been forecast

Flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely

Bus and train services probably affected with journey times taking longer

Spray and flooding on roads probably making journey times longer

Some interruption to power supplies and other services likely

Flood Alerts

Click here for operational flood alerts

River levels

Click here for the latest river levels for Great Eccleston

Five Day Flood Forecast

 Click here for the flood forecast

Reporting a problem
The most effective means of reporting a potential flooding or blockage problem on a Main River is to report it to the Environment Agency's National Call Centre on 0800 80 70 60. The National Call Centre will collect the relevant information and ensure it is passed to the correct team for assessment. A copy of the Main River Map can be viewed here Main River Map.

Who to contact in a flood

When you contact anyone about flooding make sure you give as much detail as you can

Lancashire Police 999 - only ring this number if there is an immediate risk to life

Police 101 - Ring this number for non-emergency problems or outside office hours

Floodline - 0345 988 1188

United Utilities - 0345 6723 723 - ring this number if the flooding is from sewers or burst water mains

Lancashire County Council - 0300 123 6780.  Ring this number if flooding is from highway drainage, ground water, surface water or water courses

The Environment Agency incident hotline (0800 80 70 60) should only be used to report a flood. 


If your home is flooded

If you have flood water in your home please report by email to highways@lancashire.gov.uk, Depending on the scale of such problems, we may be triggered to investigate formally (see our investigations policy on the council's website here: Flood-Investigation-Policy.pdf (lancashire.gov.uk))






Contact Information


Great Eccleston FLAG
Great Eccleston