This policy contains important information about your personal rights to privacy. Please read it carefully to understand how we use your personal data. We may update this policy from time to time without notice to you, so please check it regularly.
The provision of your personal data to us is voluntary.
You can unsubscribe from our Greening Westbourne email bulletin using the link on the bottom of the bulletin, or just contact us (see details below) to unsubscribe from our bulletins and/or remove your details from our files.
However, if you unsubscribe from our email update bulletins, then you will no longer get updates on our activities. And if you request your details to be deleted from our community orchard sponsor/adopter files, you will no longer be contacted with important information about your tree.
Access to your information is only available to committee members of Greening Westbourne.
We only collect information about you when you give it to us directly, for example; by subscribing to our bulletins via our Mailchimp email account, providing your contact details personally (at an event for instance) or by applying to sponsor/adopt a tree in the community orchard.
- To collect statistics about how the site is used. We use this information when planning for the future and developing the site.
- To store some information when you move between pages (for example, when you register or apply for a site).
- To know if you are logged in and, optionally, to remember you between visits (so when you return you will see the members or admin options that you are used to - when you use them, you will be asked to log in again).
The cookies are not used to gather personal information and store no personal data.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data.
If you subscribe to our email bulletins we will hold your email address, and your name if you provide it.
If you have adopted or sponsored a tree in the community orchard then we may also hold your physical address and phone number.
How and why will we use your personal data?
Personal data, however provided to us, will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or in relevant parts of the website. We will only use your personal information to keep you in touch with Greening activities (if you have subscribed to our email bulletin) and to provide you with important information about the community orchard (if you have sponsored or adopted a tree).
We do not knowingly process data of any person under the age of 16. If we come to discover, or have reason to believe, that you are 15 and under and we are holding your personal information, we will delete that information within a reasonable period and withhold our services accordingly.
Security of and access to your personal data
We endeavour to ensure that there are appropriate and proportionate technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, destruction, misuse, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or of access to your personal information.
Email bulletins are sent from our Mailchimp account and Mailchimp provides us with some tracking details – for example whether or not you opened an email or clicked on a link.
Data relating to community orchard sponsors/adopters is held on hard copy in a secure file or on a secure personal PC.
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This includes the right to ask us to stop using your personal information to contact you, and to be unsubscribed from our email list at any time. You also have the following rights:
(1) Right to be informed – you have the right to be told how your personal information will be used. This policy and other policies and statements used on our website and in our communications are intended to provide you with a clear and transparent description of how your personal information may be used.
(2) Right of access – you can write to us to ask for confirmation of what information we hold on you and to request a copy of that information. Provided we are satisfied that you are entitled to see the information requested and we have successfully confirmed your identity, we have 40 days to comply. As from 25 May 2018, we will have 30 days to comply.
(3) Right of erasure – you can ask us for your personal information to be deleted from our records.
(4) Right of rectification – if you believe our records of your personal information are inaccurate, you have the right to ask for those records to be updated.
(5) Right to restrict processing – you have the right to ask for processing of your personal data to be restricted if there is disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
(6) Right to data portability – to the extent required by the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) where we are processing your personal information (i) under your consent, (ii) because such processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contact or (iii) by automated means, you may ask us to provide it to you – or another service provider – in a machine-readable format.
To exercise the above rights, or if you have a comment or complaint, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints to ICO
See here for Information Commissioner’s Office guidance – https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
You are entitled to make a complaint about us or the way we have processed your data to the ICO. For further information on how to exercise this right, please see the guidance at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information. The contact details of the ICO can be found here:https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
We are required to have one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. Your personal information is processed on the basis of consent.
We may keep your personal data indefinitely, as long as it is necessary in order to provide the services you requested – i.e. to keep you in touch with our activities and/or to provide you with information about the tree you sponsored/adopted. We will remove your data as soon as you tell us you do not require these services.
You can check the personal data we hold about you, and ask us to update it where necessary, by emailing us at email@example.com