The Scoriton & Buckfastleigh Twinning Association is dedicated to forging links with our French counterparts in Fontaine-Henry, Normandy.
The Twinning has been running for over 40 years. During that time, we have developed very close ties with our Norman friends.
It is a unique opportunity to experience French family life first-hand, and to gain insights into each other's cultures.
The association is open to anyone in the local area.
Scoriton and Buckfastleigh Twinning Association at a glance:
- We are twinned with Fontaine-Henry in Normandy, a village situated between Caen and the D-Day beaches
- We are keen to promote understanding and friendship between the two communities
- We meet up for a long weekend once a year, alternating between Devon and Normandy
- When in Normandy we are hosted by a French family and then entertain the same family when they visit Devon.
- In subsequent years we are paired with other families so we get to know everyone.
- We run fun events throughout the year for our twinning members
What our twinning can offer you…
- A chance to build lasting friendships with our French friends
- A chance to experience life in a French family – language is no barrier!
- A chance to practise French in a natural situation – ideal for schoolchildren
- A chance to socialise with the local Devon twinners
- A chance to represent the Scoriton and Buckfastleigh community in France
Like to find out more?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01364 642008