The Scoriton and Buckfastleigh Twinning Association is dedicated to forging links with our French counterparts in Fontaine-Henry, Normandy. The twinning has been running for over 35 years and during that time we have developed close ties with our Norman friends. The association is open to anyone in the local area and a unique opportunity to experience French family life.
Scoriton and Buckfastleigh Twinning Association at a glance:
- We are twinned with Fontaine-Henry in Normandy, a village situated between Caen and the D-Day beaches
- We are keen to promote understanding and friendship between the two communities
- We meet up for a long weekend once a year, alternating between Devon and Normandy
- When in Normandy we are hosted by a French family and then entertain the same family when they visit Devon.
- In subsequent years we are paired with other families so we get to know everyone.
- We run fun events throughout the year for our twinning members
What our twinning can offer you…
- A chance to build lasting friendships with our French friends
- A chance to experience life in a French family – language is no barrier!
- A chance to practise French in a natural situation – ideal for schoolchildren
- A chance to socialise with the local Devon twinners
- A chance to represent the Scoriton and Buckfastleigh community in France
Like to find out more?
Email us at email@example.com or call 01364 642008
Oakwood Hannibal pulls his weight for the Twinning
There was a heavy-weight surprise waiting for visitors in the Twinning gazebo at this year's Scoriton Flower Show. Waiting impatiently in his corner for the action to begin, Oakwood Hannibal drew astonished gasps from members of the public. The question was simple: how much does this bruiser weigh? Read on...