The Royal Borough Kingston-upon-Thames is one of 32 boroughs in London and on the south-west edge of Greater London, about 10 miles (16Km) from the centre of London.
Click the links below for useful video overviews:
- Oct 20: Kingston-upon-Thames by 港豬. Introduction to the area
- Sep 20: Kingston by Ellie 倫敦看房日記 Highlight
- Total population was 160,060, of which 2883 (1.8%) self-identified as ethnic Chinese, 3495 as Korean and 9548 as "other Asian" excluding Indian and Pakistani.
- In England and Wales, Kingston has the 3rd highest percentage of residents born in East Asia (2.9%) including the highest proportion born in East Asia but excluding China (1.9%).
- Kingston had 16,700 students.
- Unemployment in 2011 was 3.2% of working age population, significantly below London as a whole and England. Residents are more likely to be in managerial or professional occupations when compared to the average for England.
- Roads: The A3 is the main arterial road from London and runs south-west out of London to Guildford (Surrey) and down to Portsmouth on the south coast.
- Trains: Run to London Waterloo station at 15 minute intervals from a number of stations in the borough. Journey time is ~30 minutes.
- Air: Heathrow Airport is 8 miles / 13Km away (30 minute drive) from Kingston town; Gatwick Airport is 28 miles / 45Km (45 minute drive)
Main education establishments:
- Primary schools: Fernhill Primary School, Latchmere School, King Athelstan School and St Agath's Catholic Primary School
- Secondary schools: Kingston Grammar School, Tiffin School and The Tiffin School for Girls
- Tertiary Education: Kingston University (ranked in Top 40 in UK) and Kingston College
- Kingston Hospital, Norbiton Main NHS hospital in the borough, rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Ccommission in 2013.
- Tolworth Hospital, Red Lion Road, Surbiton NHS hospital with focus on mental health
- New Victoria Hospital, Coombe Lane West Private hospital
Many other services and help groups are listed in this online magazine Kingston Connects
Places to Visit:
- Chessington World of Adventures - zoo and funfair rides
- Hampton Court Palace - home of King Henry VIII
- Richmond Park - the largest Royal Park in London
Kingston Chinese Association (KCA) 京士頓華人會會址
c/o The Searchlight Centre,