A brief history of the Church

St. James' Church Lathom was consecrated by the Bishop of Chester on 19th August 1851.  It was, and still is, the only church in Lathom.  More-->

A Walk through the Church

Walk through the Lych Gate, Lych Gate

up the path and enter through the main door. Church Door



The history of the incumbents of St. James' Church begins in 1851 when Rev. Blenkinsop was made Curate in Charge after St. James' Church had been consecrated by the Bishop of Chester on 19th August.  The complete list of incumbents is as follows --> 

This booklet can also be downloaded as a A Visitor's Guide to St. James Church, Westhead 


The material for this guide has been taken from the 'Visitor Leaflet' for St. James Church prepared by Jean Dutton with sincere thanks.