Contact Us and Useful Links
You can contact the Museum anytime through a variety of ways:
You can come and visit us at the Museum or write to us, our address is:
47 Mill Road
You can call us on 01621 842688, if there is no answer because we're closed, you can leave a message with your name, enquiry and contact details.
You can email us any enquiry whether it be about an object or display, a request for information or research from our archives (this may sometimes require us to charge a small research fee) or volunteering opportunities at the Museum. You can email us on:
We also have two social media platforms that we update regularly with news of what's going on around the Museum, information on displays or to help publicise other local groups, events and attractions.
You can find us on Facebook here or just search "Maldon Museum" in the search bar:
You can find us on Twitter here or just search "Maldon Museum" in the search bar or tag us @maldonmuseum:
We are a Museum run entirely by unpaid volunteers who dedicate our time to the presevation of Maldon's history and heritage.
- Joint Chairs - Flo Shaughnessy and Brigid van Bruggen
- Secretary - Jackie Winney
- Treasurer (Acting) - Aart van Bruggen
- Accesions Officers - Keith Davis, Carly Nichols and Steven Gridley
- Membership Secretary - Jenny Sjollema
- Grants Officer - Judy Betteridge
- Technical Officer - Keith Jeary
- Publicity - Jonathan Cruickshank
- Publicity and Social Media - Steven Gridley
- Group Visits co-ordinator - Margaret Rollinson
- Volunteer Co-ordinator - Brigid van Bruggen
- Shop Manager - Sue Salt
- Courtyard Project - Sue Mason, Jane Senior and Barbara Pemberton.
- Penny Farthing newsletter Editor - Ian Linton
- Accessions Advisor - Judy Betteridge
Public transport links, there is a bus stop immedietly out front of the Museum by the Promenade gates that has the 31/31C/31X Burnham on Crouch to Chelmsford, the 75 Maldon to Colchester, the 95 Maldon to Tollesbury and the 288 ‘Central Maldon Circular’ as well as a couple other bus services surving ‘The Dengie’ such as Bradwell on Sea and Southminster amongst others. The closest train stations to Maldon are at Hatfield Peveral and Witham on the London Liverpool Street to Norwich mainline with bus services to Maldon from each. The 73 from Maldon to Chelmsford via Heybridge Basin and Hatfield Peveral and the 90 from Maldon to Witham stops at the High Street outside All Saint’s Church as is only a ten minute walk away from the Museum.
73 - Maldon to Chelmsford
75 - Maldon to Colchester