Morning Worship at Kilrenny Parish Church led by our Interim Moderator Rev Michael Allardice.
Sunday 06 June 2021
09:45 to 10:30
Kilrenny Parish Church
Sunday 6th June 2021
Rev Michael Allardice
You Tube Link:- https://youtu.be/9-aQrMqsPJQ
Welcome and Church News
Call to Worship
Hymn CH 198 Let us build a house where love can dwell
Opening Prayer and “The Lord’s Prayer”
Readings: Psalm 138
St Mark 3: 20 – 35
Hymn CH 641 Seek ye first the Kingdom of God
Reflection: “Whoever does what God wants”
Hymn CH 139 Praise the Lord, you heavens, adore Him
Prayers of Dedication and Intercession
Hymn CH 130 Ye servants of God, your Master proclaim
Morning Worship is recorded and can be viewed online at
Hymn CH 198
Let us build a house where love can dwell and all can safely live,
a place where saints and children tell how hearts learn to forgive;
built of hopes and dreams and visions, rock of faith and vault of grace;
here the love of Christ shall end divisions:
All are welcome, all are welcome, all are welcome in this place.
Let us build a house where prophets speak, and words are strong and true,
where all God's children dare to seek to dream God's reign anew.
Here the cross shall stand as witness and as symbol of God's grace;
here as one we claim the faith of Jesus:
Let us build a house where love is found in water, wine and wheat;
a banquet hall on holy ground, where peace and justice meet.
Here the love of God, through Jesus, is revealed in time and space,
as we share in Christ the feast that frees us:
Hymn CH 641
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all his righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you; allelu, alleluia.
Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!
Ask and it shall be given unto you, seek, and ye shall find;
knock, and the door shall be opened unto you; allelu, alleluia.
You shall not live by bread alone, but by every word
that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord; allelu, alleluia.
Hymn CH 139
Praise the Lord, you heavens, adore Him, praise him, angels, in the height;
sun and moon, rejoice before him, praise him, all you stars and light.
Praise the Lord! for he has spoken; worlds his mighty voice obeyed;
law which never shall be broken for their guidance has he made.
Praise the Lord! for he is glorious; never shall his promise fail;
God has made his saints victorious; sin and death shall not prevail.
Hymn CH 130
Ye servants of God, your Master proclaim,
and publish abroad his wonderful name;
the name all victorious of Jesus extol;
his kingdom is glorious and rules over all.
God ruleth on high, almighty to save;
and still he is nigh, his presence we have;
the great congregation his triumph shall sing,
ascribing salvation to Jesus our King.
Salvation to God who sits on the throne!
let all cry aloud, and honour the Son.
the praises of Jesus the angels proclaim,
fall down on their faces, and worship the Lamb.
Then let us adore, and give him his right,
all glory and power, all wisdom and might,
all honour and blessing, with angels above,
and thanks never-ceasing, and infinite love.
Christian Aid Quiz 2021
Round 1: General knowledge
1. In a standard set of playing cards, which is the only king without a moustache? The King of Hearts
2. SW1A 1AA is the postcode of which famous residence? Buckingham Palace
3. What is the full postcode of the Houses of Parliament? SW1A 0AA
4. How many sides does a 20p piece have? 7
5. Where is the smallest bone in the human body located? Ear
6. How many valves does a human heart have? Four: the mitral, tricuspid, aortic and pulmonic valves
7. How many hearts does an octopus have? 3
8. How many of Henry VIII’s wives were called Catherine? 3
9. Gouda is a popular cheese originating from which country? The Netherlands
10. What is the largest country in the world? Russia
Round 2: Sports
1. Liverpool finally won the Premier League title in 2020. How long had it been since their last league triumph? 30 years
2. Lewis Hamilton won a record-tying seventh F1 Drivers Championship last year, but with whom does he share the record? Michael Schumacher
3. Where were last year’s summer Olympics going to be held? Tokyo
4. What honour was given to Marcus Rashford in the delayed Queen’s Birthday
Honours for his child poverty campaign? MBE
5. Where did Anthony Joshua fight Kubrat Pulev on 12 December 2020? Wembley Arena
6. ESPN and Netflix released a documentary series about Michael Jordan in 2020. What was his jersey number? 23
7. Which cancelled sporting tournament in 2020 had pandemic insurance? Wimbledon
8. Which country did F1 legend Ayrton Senna come from? Brazil
9. Who has won more Grand Slams:
a. Roger Federer
b. Serena Williams
10. What is Usain Bolt’s 100m world record time? 9.58 seconds
Round 3 - Arts & Music
1. Who won the Voice UK in November 2020? Blessing Chitapa
2. Captain Sir Tom Moore became the oldest person to have a UK number after he featured on which song performed by Michael Ball? You’ll Never Walk Alone
3. In 2020, who became the youngest solo artist to win the Album of the Year at the Grammy Awards? Billie Eilish
4. Which American singer-songwriter earned her 5th number one album in 2020 with Folklore? Taylor Swift
5. Which former One Direction member released Watermelon Sugar and Adore You? Harry Styles
6. Who was the youngest Beatle? George Harrison
7. In a 2011 single, Maroon 5 claimed to have ‘moves like’ which member of the Rolling Stones? Mick Jagger
8. In 1994, the Elton John song ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ was released. Which Disney film from the same year featured this tune? The Lion King
9. How old was Mozart when he wrote his first piece? 5
10. In which year did Little Mix win The X Factor? 2011
Round 4: 2020
1. Which was the first European country to go into lockdown in 2020? Italy
2. Who became the nation’s PE teacher during lockdown? Joe Wicks
3. Which country was due to host the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest? The
4. Which comet was visible in UK skies in July? Neowise
5. Which two members of the Royal Family embarked on a train tour of the UK on 6 December? The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
6. Where did the Queen spend Christmas in 2020? Windsor Castle, not at
Sandringham as usual.
7. Which pharmaceutical companies jointly developed the first Covid-19 vaccine to be approved by the UK? Pfizer and BioNTech
8. What is the first name of the first person to receive a coronavirus vaccine in the world? Margaret (Margaret Keenan)
9. We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again. Who said this and when? The Queen, in her address to the nationduring the first lockdown
10. Who said ‘Tis the season to be jolly careful? Boris Johnson ahead of the Christmas period
Kilrenny Parish Church, Kirk Wynd,