Grove Gardens is on the site of The Grove, an 18th-century house, designed by William Chambers for Moses Franks. It was later the home of John Walter, founder of The Times. The house was demolished in 1920 and replaced by a cottage housing estate built by the Royal Dutch Shell Company. The park itself was sold to Twickenham Borough Council.

Today the park is part of a conservation area and valued by local residents as a calm, serene, green space popular with local families, walkers and dog owners. It is open to everyone and used throughout the daylight hours and enjoyed all year round. The park is one of over a hundred green spaces in the borough managed by the London Borough of Richmond Upon Thames Parks and Open Spaces Service. 

Opening and Closing Times

The park is enclosed and has opening and closing times that vary throughout the year. Details of opening and closing times are posted on each of the gates to the park and also on the Parks and Open Spaces section of LBRUT's website Please note that the park may be closed 20 minutes BEFORE the stated locking time to assist the contractor in the operation of locking various parks throughout the Borough. The LBRUT Parks Team request that all users cooperate with their appointed contractor upon closing so the park can be locked. Any entry into the park after the stated locking time will be classed as unauthorised access and may be subject to enforcement action. 

During the day, users are requested that the site gates are kept closed for the safety of all users.




Contact Information

Friends of Grove Gardens

c/o Habitats & Heritage 13 Rosslyn Road
ETNA Community Centre