Planning Aid England has produced a suite of resources to assist those developing a neighbourhood plan. The resources provide practical tips and advice on various stages of the neighbourhood plan process from designating the neighbourhood area to submitting the plan for examination. They are designed for community groups to use.
The project plans prepared for the Steering Group in 2015 indicated a possible end date for completion of the project around December 2016. This timescale has proved to have been unrealistic and the project plan was abandoned.
This is a selection of the most relevant articles. The full list can be found in the Forum for Neighbourhood Planning Resources section [LINK]
- Project planning
- Resourcing your neighbourhood plan
- What Skills might you need?
- Making effective decisions
- Sharing the workload
- Engaging and working with your local planning authority
- Who to speak to at your Local Authority
- Working with landowners and developers
- Developing a vision and objectives
- Gathering and using evidence
- Sources of data and statistics
- Design and character assessments
This resource explains:
- the role of the local planning authority in neighbourhood planning
- how to work constructively with your local planning authority